IMPORTANT:Please note that DC voltage drops as the length of wire increases — be sure the voltage provided by your power supply, measured at the point you’ll con-nect the slim charging cable, is 5v DC. For additional in-formation on voltage drop, or how to calculate it for your situation, please visit http://bit.ly/VDropCalc
The 5v direct option is intended to be used when you have an existing 5v DC power supply and wish to charge your tablet using it.
- Confirm which wire on your DC power supply is POSITIVE, and which wire is NEGATIVE. It will be important to connect these to the correct wires on your slim charging cable.
- Connect the slim charging cables RED wire to the POSITIVE wire of your DC power supply using the enclosed wire nut.
- Connect the slim charging cables BLACK wire to the NEGATIVE wire of your DC power supply using the enclosed wire nut.
- If your tablet shows no indication of charging, confirm that your slim ribbon cables RED and BLACK wires are securely connected to the correct wires on your DC power supply.
- If your tablet repeatedly goes in and out of charging in fairly quick succession, it may be a sign that your slim charging cable is receiving less than 5v DC. Check the voltage being supplied by your power supply at the point at which it connects to the slim charging cable