12v to 5v DC Converter Instructions
IMPORTANT: Please note that DC voltage drops as the length of wire increases — be sure the voltage provided by your power supply, measured at the point you’ll connect the 12v DC to 5v DC converter is between 6 and 20v DC. For additional information on voltage drop, or how to calculate it for your situation, please visit http://bit.ly/VDropCalc.
The 12v DC converter is intended to be used when you have an existing DC power supply (rated 6 to 20v output) and want to use it to power your tablet.
The DC converter has 2 input wires labeled Input 12v — a BLACK wire and a RED wire. These two wires will connect to the wires of your DC power supply.
It also has 2 output wires labeled Output 5V 3A — a BLACK wire and a YELLOW wire. These two wires will connect to the wires of the included slim charging cable.
- Confirm which wire on your DC power supply is POSITIVE, and which wire is NEGATIVE. It will be important to connect these to the correct wires on your DC converter.
- Connect the DC converters Input RED wire to the POSITIVE wire of your DC power supply
- Connect the DC converters Input BLACK wire to the NEGATIVE wire of your DC power supply.
- Connect the slim charging cables RED wire to the Output YELLOW wire of the DC converter using the enclosed wire nut.
- Connect the slim charging cables BLACK wire to the Output BLACK wire of the DC converter using the enclosed wire nut.
- If your tablet shows no indication of charging, confirm that your slim ribbon cables RED and BLACK wires are securely connected to the correct wires on your DC converter.
- If your tablet repeatedly goes in and out of charging in fairly quick succession, it may be a sign that your slim charging cable is receiving less than 5v DC. Check that the voltage being supplied by your power supply at the point at which it connects to the DC converter is between 6 and 20v DC.