IMPORTANT:Please note that DC voltage drops as the length of wire increases — be sure the voltage provided by your power supply, measured at the point you’ll connect the 24/48v DC to 5v DC converter is between 8 and 58v DC. For additional information on voltage drop, or how to calculate it for your situation, please visit http://bit.ly/VDropCalc
The 24/48v DC converter is intended to be used when you have an existing DC power supply (rated 8 and 58v output) or have a POE switch or injector that supports passive mode "B" and an Ethernet cable that isn't terminated with an RJ45 connector.
The converter has 2 input wires labeled IN - a BLACK wire and a RED wire. These two wires will connect to wires of your DC power supply or similar wires of your Ethernet cable.
It also has 2 output wires labeled OUT — a BLACK wire and a YELLOW wire. These two wires will connect to the wires of the included slim charging cable that came with your order.
- Confirm which wire on your DC power supply is POSITIVE, and which wire is NEGATIVE. It will be important to connect these to the correct wires on your converter.
- Connect the DC converters "IN" RED wire to the POSITIVE wire of your power supply
- Connect the DC converters "IN" BLACK wire to the NEGATIVE wire of your power supply.
- Connect the slim charging cables RED wire to the YELLOW "OUT" wire of the DC converter using the provided wire nut.
- Connect the slim charging cables BLACK wire to the BLACK "OUT" wire of the DC converter using the provided wire nut.
- If your tablet shows no indication of charging, confirm that your slim ribbon cables RED and BLACK wires are securely connected to the correct wires on your DC converter.
- If your tablet repeatedly goes in and out of charging in fairly quick succession, it may be a sign that your slim charging cable is receiving less than 5v DC. Check the voltage being supplied by your power supply at the point at which it connects to the DC converter is between 8 and 58v DC.